PROGRAM DIRECTOR: Dr. Gale Struthers
PURPOSE: To provide the student with a broad knowledge and understanding of the Bible and its application to the world in
which we live. This program is for the student who desires a two-year concentration in Biblical Studies. The student will be
prepared for further education or to serve in churches, parachurch agencies, and/or personal ministries.
OBJECTIVES: The student will demonstrate fulfillment of the five Oak Hills Christian College objectives.
1. UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE: Students will gain a knowledge of the Bible and the ability to interpret it adequately for the application of its truth to themselves and their culture.
2. UNDERSTANDING OUR WORLD: Students will gain a knowledge of human thought, history, and culture adequate to understand and critique worldviews, to communicate effectively with others, and to interact meaningfully within their own culture.
3. MINISTERING TO OTHERS: Students will develop a servant theology of life and ministry skills appropriate for serving God in the home, the community, the church, and the world.
4. INTEGRATING FAITH AND LEARNING: Students will integrate their understanding of Christianity and the world to develop a biblical worldview as the foundation for a lifetime of continued learning and growth in all areas of life.
5. GROWING IN FAITH AND WORSHIP: Students will grow in their trust in, love for, and worship of God, seeking to live a life pleasing to Him