PROGRAM DIRECTOR: Scott Buchan
PROGRAM ADVISOR: Scott Buchan, Director of Camp Oak Hills
PURPOSE: To prepare the student for effective ministry in a Christian camp or related field. Emphasis is placed on the development
of Christian leadership qualities in addition to an overall exposure to the operation of a year-round Christian camp.
OBJECTIVES: In addition to demonstrating fulfillment of the five Oak Hills Christian College objectives, the student will demonstrate
the skills necessary for a career in the field of camp administration and operation.
1. UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE: Students will gain a knowledge of the Bible and the ability to interpret it adequately for the application of its truth to themselves and their culture.
2. UNDERSTANDING OUR WORLD: Students will gain a knowledge of human thought, history, and culture adequate to understand and critique worldviews, to communicate effectively with others, and to interact meaningfully within their own culture.
3. MINISTERING TO OTHERS: Students will develop a servant theology of life and ministry skills appropriate for serving God in the home, the community, the church, and the world.
4. INTEGRATING FAITH AND LEARNING: Students will integrate their understanding of Christianity and the world to develop a biblical worldview as the foundation for a lifetime of continued learning and growth in all areas of life.
5. GROWING IN FAITH AND WORSHIP: Students will grow in their trust in, love for, and worship of God, seeking to live a life pleasing to Him
This is a cooperative program with Camp Forest Springs in Westboro, Wisconsin. Students complete three years of biblical studies,
Christian ministry, and general education at Oak Hills, then spend a year at Camp Forest Springs. Applications to Camp Forest
Springs must be submitted by November 1 of the year prior to expected attendance at the camp. Course completion at Camp
Forest Springs normally requires 11 months.