The mission of Adult & Professional Studies is to prepare Christian leaders for service in a wide variety of careers, church and para-church ministries.
Enrollment is always OPEN with
STEP UP to your FUTURE
ASSOCIATE IN BIBLICAL STUDIES AND MINISTRY
PROGRAM DIRECTOR: Dr. Sue Glidden
PURPOSE: To provide the adult online student a broadly based program of study in biblical studies and ministry studies. This program will prepare the student to serve in churches, para-church organizations or personal ministry or to pursue further education.
OBJECTIVES: The student will demonstrate fulfillment of the five Oak Hills Christian College objectives:
1. UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE: Students will gain a knowledge of the Bible and the ability to interpret it adequately for the application of its truth to themselves and their culture.
2. UNDERSTANDING OUR WORLD: Students will gain a knowledge of human thought, history, and culture adequate to understand and critique worldviews, to communicate effectively with others, and to interact meaningfully within their own culture.
3. MINISTERING TO OTHERS: Students will develop a servant theology of life and ministry skills appropriate for serving God in the home, the community, the church, and the world.
4. INTEGRATING FAITH AND LEARNING: Students will integrate their understanding of Christianity and the world to develop a biblical worldview as the foundation for a lifetime of continued learning and growth in all areas of life.
5. GROWING IN FAITH AND WORSHIP: Students will grow in their trust in, love for, and worship of God, seeking to live a life pleasing to Him
All courses are 3 credits.
** = Upper Level Courses - Qualified students may consider upper level biblical
studies online courses only with prior approval from the program director.
Additional online electives may be added.
|BIBLICAL STUDIES AND THEOLOGY (24 CREDITS)||CHRISTIAN MINISTRY (18 CREDITS)|
|FOUNDATIONAL (15 CREDITS)||FOUNDATIONAL (3 CREDITS) - CHOOSE ONE|
|BOT 1700 O.T. History & Literature I||CM 2702 Christian Life|
|BOT 1701 O.T. History & Literature II||CM 1702 Spiritual Formation II|
|BNT 1700 New Testament History & Literature|| ADDITIONAL MINISTRY COURSES (12 CREDITS) - CHOOSE FOUR
|BSA 1702 Interpretation of Biblical Literature||WA 2731 Biblical & Historical Foundations of Worship I|
|TH 2705 Introduction to Christian Faith||WA 2732 Biblical & Historical Foundations of Worship II|
|2ND LEVEL (9 ELECTIVE CREDITS)||LM 3701 Biblical Concepts of Leadership**|
|Old Testament - Choose One||LM 3731 Christian Ethics**|
|BOT 2701 Genesis||SBA 3733 Entrepreneurship**|
|BOT 2715 Poetic Books||LM 3726 Essentials of Management**|
| New Testament - Choose One
||LM 3736 Financial Concepts**|
|BNT 2715 Life of Christ||IS 3733 Foundations of Christian Missions**|
|BNT 2702 Acts||CM 2709 Foundations of Teaching in Ministry|
|BNT 2707 General Epistles and Revelation||LM 3721 Interpersonal Communication**|
|BNT 2704 Paul's Letters||CO 2701 Introduction to Counseling|
|BNT 3706 Hebrews**||LM 3711 Learning and Teaching**|
|BNT 3709 Romans**||LM 4737 Management of Human Resources**|
|BNT 3708 Synoptic Gospels**||CM 4732 Small Groups in the Church**|
||LM 4734 Teams in the Work Process|
|TH 2722 Contemporary Issues in American Society||IS 4731 Theology of Missions|
|CAPSTONE COURSE (3 CREDITS)|
|HUM 2706 Integrative Project and Sophomore Assessment|
|GENERAL EDUCATION CORE (18 CREDITS)||ELECTIVES (3 CREDITS) - ANY COURSE|
|COMMUNICATIONS (6 CREDITS)|
|ENG 1700 College Writing I|
|Oral Communication - Choose One|
|COM 3731 Communication Concepts|
|CM 2709 Foundations of Teaching in Ministry|
|HUMANITIES (3 CREDITS)|
|HUM 2799 Worldview: Thinking Like Jesus|
| SOCIAL SCIENCES (3 CREDITS) - CHOOSE ONE
|HI 2703 World History|
|HI 2732 Western Civilization II||
|PS 1701 Introduction to Psychology|
|CUL 2703 Cultural Anthropology|
|SOC 2705 Urban Social Issues: People, Problems, and Policy|
|SOC 2731 Introduction to Sociology|
| OTHER GENERAL EDUCATION ELECTIVES
(6 CREDITS) - CHOOSE TWO
| Choose two courses with an of the following course
IDs: CUL, ENG, GOV, HI, MU, MTH, SCI, SOC, TESL
|General Education 18 Credits|
| Biblical Studies and Theology 24 Credits
|Christian Ministry 18 Credits|
|Elective 3 Credits|
|TOTAL PROGRAM 63 Credits|
To see course schedules, click here.