Associate of Science in business administration (online)
Overview of Associate of Science in Business Administration (Online)
This online program will prepare you to work with integrity in many different business settings. Students will gain an understanding of challenges in the world of business and will develop a broad range of business skills. Students will be encouraged to develop a biblical worldview and to practice servant leadership skills in their own context.
Who Should Apply
Motivated individuals with the desire to be trusted and skilled to work in business settings.
You will be prepared to enter the workforce in areas of business administration, accounting, marketing, and management in retail or nonprofit organizations. Students who desire to go further in their knowledge and business skills may apply this degree toward the Bachelor in Business Administration or other bachelor programs.
60 credits required including: Business Administration and Management (21), Biblical Studies (15), General Education (15), Christian Ministry (6), Free Electives (3).
Each academic program of the college provides the context for whole life transformation through biblical life preparation. Students come to learn, learn to serve, and serve to change lives. Through the courses offered in each program, students will develop a Christ-centered worldview and be prepared to make a difference in the world through their lives, work and service to others.
The courses of study in each degree proceed from foundational to exploratory to immersion courses. Areas of study for each degree will include general education, biblical studies, Christian ministry and service, and core courses in the major.
Students will be challenged to grow in their knowledge of self, others, the world and the Bible. They will be challenged to grow in their critical
thinking, development of a biblical worldview and the integration of their faith and learning.
Foundational courses – 36 credits
General Education – 6 Credits
- College Writing I (3 credits)
- Communication Concepts (3 credits)
biblical studies – 12 Credits
- Old Testament Survey (3 credits)
- New Testament Survey (3 credits)
- Interpretation of Biblical Literature (3 credits)
- Christian Faith (3 credits)
Christian ministry – 6 Credits
- Biblical Concepts of Leadership (3 credit)
- Sharing and Defending the Faith (3 credits)
Business administration – 12 Credits
- Introduction to Business (3 credits)
- Economics for the Manager (3 credits)
- Computer Applications (3 credits)
- Essentials of Management (3 credits)
exploration courses – 21 credits
General Education – 9 Credits
- Philosophy and Worldview (3 credits)
- History Elective (3 credits)
- Math/Science Elective (3 credits)
Biblical Studies – 3 Credits
- Bible Elective (3 credits)
business administration – 9 Credits
- Management of Human Resources (3 credits)
- Personal and Social Ethics (3 credits)
- Business or Leadership Elective (3 credits)
free electives – 3 Credits
Director of business
Department Chair: General Education
Program Director: Business
B.S. in Business Administration, emphasis on Finance
Bemidji State University, Bemidji, MN
University of Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
Professional Business Consultant
Northwest Small Business Development Center, Bemidji, MN
OHCC since 2009