Associate of Science in business administration (online)
Overview of Associate of Science in Business Administration (Online)
This online program will prepare you to work with integrity in many different business settings. Students will gain an understanding of challenges in the world of business and will develop a broad range of business skills. Students will be encouraged to develop a biblical worldview and to practice servant leadership skills in their own context.
Who Should Apply
Motivated individuals with the desire to be trusted and skilled to work in business settings.
You will be prepared to enter the workforce in areas of business administration, accounting, marketing, and management in retail or nonprofit organizations. Students who desire to go further in their knowledge and business skills may apply this degree toward the Bachelor in Business Administration or other bachelor programs.
60 credits required including: Business Administration and Management (18), Biblical Studies (18), General Education (15), Christian Ministry (6), Free Electives (3).
Each academic program of the college provides the context for whole life transformation through biblical life preparation. Students come to learn, learn to serve, and serve to change lives. Through the courses offered in each program, students will develop a Christ-centered worldview and be prepared to make a difference in the world through their lives, work and service to others.
The courses of study in each degree proceed from foundational to exploratory to immersion courses. Areas of study for each degree will include general education, biblical studies, Christian ministry and service, and core courses in the major.
Students will be challenged to grow in their knowledge of self, others, the world and the Bible. They will be challenged to grow in their critical thinking, development of a biblical worldview and the integration of their faith and learning.
Foundational courses – 30 credits
General Education – 6 Credits
- College Composition and Research (3 credits)
- Public Speaking (3 credits)
biblical studies – 18 Credits
- Creation and Covenants (3 credits)
- Israel’s Life and Literature (3 credits)
- Life of Christ (3 credits)
- Early Church (3 credits)
- Biblical Hermeneutics (3 credits)
- Prelude to Biblical and Theological Studies (3 credits)
Christian ministry – 6 Credits
- Foundations of Ministry (3 credit)
- Fundamentals of Leadership (3 credits)
exploration courses – 27 credits
General Education – 9 Credits
- Applied Business Math (3 credits)
- History Elective (3 credits)
- Introduction to Philosophy (3 credits)
- Sophomore Assessment (0 credits)
business administration – 18 Credits
- Finance (3 credits)
- Foundations of Accounting (3 credits)
- Leadership (3 credits)
- Marketing (3 credits, UL)
- Business Law (3 credits, UL)
- Business Writing or Business Elective or Communications Elective (3 credits)
free electives – 3 Credits
Dr. Sherry Shindelar
HUMANITIES INSTRUCTOR AND DIRECTOR OF ONLINE EDUCATION
Program Director: Online Education
Instructor: Humanities, English
Bachelors of Fine Arts: Creative and Professional Writing
Bemidji State University
M.A. in English
Bemidji State University
PhD in Literature and Criticism
Indiana University of Pennsylvania