associate of biblical studies and ministry (online)
Overview of Associate of Biblical Studies and Ministry (Online)
The Associate in Biblical Studies and Ministry will provide you with a broadly-based program of biblical studies, choices in ministry studies that match your interests, and a foundation in general education studies.
Online courses are intensive short courses that can be taken one at a time from the convenience of your home. You will develop an individual graduation plan according to your needs, and at a pace and intensity that fits your lifestyle.
Who Should Apply
You’ll be prepared to serve or lead ministries in churches, Christian nonprofits or service organizations. The Associate degree may be a stepping stone for continuing on to a Bachelor degree.
60 credits required including: Biblical Studies (24), General Education (15), Christian Ministry (12), Free Electives (9).
Each academic program of the college provides the context for whole life transformation through biblical life preparation. Students come to learn, learn to serve, and serve to change lives. Through the courses offered in each program, students will develop a Christ-centered worldview and be prepared to make a difference in the world through their lives, work and service to others.
The courses of study in each degree proceed from foundational to exploratory to immersion courses. Areas of study for each degree will include general education, biblical studies, Christian ministry and service, and core courses in the major.
Students will be challenged to grow in their knowledge of self, others, the world and the Bible. They will be challenged to grow in their critical
thinking, development of a biblical worldview and the integration of their faith and learning.
Foundational courses – 30 credits
General Education – 9 Credits
- College Writing I (3 credits)
- Communication Concepts (3 credits)
- General Education Elective (3 credits)
biblical studies – 12 Credits
- Old Testament Survey (3 credits)
- New Testament Survey (3 credits)
- Interpretation of Biblical Literature (3 credits)
- Christian Faith (3 credits)
Christian ministry – 9 Credits
- Biblical Concepts of Leadership (3 credit)
- Sharing and Defending the Faith (3 credits)
- Teaching and Preaching (3 credits)
Explorational courses – 30 credits
General Education – 6 Credits
- Philosophy and Worldview (3 credits)
- History or Social Science Elective (3 credits)
Biblical Studies – 12 Credits
- Old Testament Elective (3 credits)
- New Testament Elective (3 credits)
- Bible Electives (6 credits)
Christian ministry – 3 Credits
- Christian Ministry Elective (3 credits)
free electives – 9 Credits
Dr. sue glidden
sr. vp of academics and administration
Program Director: Intercultural Studies
Instructor: Biblical Studies, Leadership and Ministry, and Intercultural Studies
B.A. in Bible and Theology
Bethel College, St. Paul, MN
M.A. in Linguistics
University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
Ph.D. in Education
Capella University, Minneapolis, MN