associate of worship arts and biblical studies
Overview of Associate of Worship Arts and Biblical Studies
This program is designed for students to gain leadership skills within the scope of worship arts. At its core is a biblical foundation view of worship and how it interacts with the entire local church. This degree can also serve as a launchpad to other bachelor degrees or completion of studies at another institution.
Who Should Apply
Those who are seeking a biblical foundation for the understanding of worship. If you desire to strengthen your musical or technological skills for ministry then this degree is for you.
This degree will prepare you to serve in local churches and para-church organizations. Students who desire to go further in their knowledge and worship skills may apply this degree toward the Bachelor of Worship Arts and Biblical Studies or other bachelor programs.
60 credits required including: Worship Arts (15) Biblical Studies (15), General Education (18), Christian Ministry (8), Free Electives (4).
Each academic program of the college provides the context for whole life transformation through biblical life preparation. Students come to learn, learn to serve, and serve to change lives. Through the courses offered in each program, students will develop a Christ-centered worldview and be prepared to make a difference in the world through their lives, work and service to others.
The courses of study in each degree proceed from foundational to exploratory to immersion courses. Areas of study for each degree will include general education, biblical studies, Christian ministry and service, and core courses in the major.
Students will be challenged to grow in their knowledge of self, others, the world and the Bible. They will be challenged to grow in their critical
thinking, development of a biblical worldview and the integration of their faith and learning.
Foundational courses – 39 credits
General Education – 9 Credits
- College Writing I (3 credits)
- Intercultural Communications (3 credits)
- Math/Science Elective (3 credits)
biblical studies – 9 Credits
- Old Testament Survey (3 credits)
- New Testament Survey (3 credits)
- Christian Faith (3 credits)
Christian ministry – 8 Credits
- Spiritual Formation I (3 credit)
- Spiritual Formation II (3 credits)
- Outreach (1 credits)
- Intercultural Outreach (1 credit)
worship arts – 13 Credits
- Planning and Leading Worship (3 credits)
- Use of Technology in Worship (2 credits)
- History and Theology of Worship (3 credits)
- Music Theory for Worship Arts (3 Credits)
- Private Music Lessons (2 credits)
exploration courses – 17 credits
General Education – 9 Credits
- Worldviews (3 credits)
- Interpretation of Biblical Literature (3 credits)
- World History (3 credits)
Biblical Studies – 6 Credits
- Old Testament Elective (3 credits)
- New Testament Elective (3 credits)
Worship arts – 2 Credits
- Worship Arts Practicum (2 credits)
free electives – 4 Credits
Program Director: Worship Arts
Instructor: Worship Arts and Christian Ministries
Bachelor of Music and Worship
Ozark Christian College, Joplin, MO
M.A. in Christian Ministries
Northern Seminary, Lombard, IL