bachelor of science in marketing (Hybrid)
Overview of Marketing
The Bachelor of Science in Marketing will provide a strong biblical context and practical training, preparing students for successful entry-level business marketing positions. Graduates will have marketable skills to enter the workforce immediately or enter into a graduate studies (MBA) program.
- Develop a Christ-centered work ethic – working with excellence, flexibility, self-motivation, and ethical actions.
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence, including skills in delegation, collaboration, motivation, and candor.
- Develop marketing strategies, create marketing plans, execute the plan on a timeline and planned schedule, and assess the effectiveness of those plans.
- Use a variety or appropriate means to communicate marketing strategy and ideas clearly and coherently.
- Apply key marketing disciplines with an emphasis on critical thinking – including skills in market analysis, financial analysis, and product management.
Who Should Apply
If you want to learn all about business and be involved in the creative side of promoting the business and mission of organizations – all with the integrity and ethics of a biblical worldview, this marketing degree will develop your skills.
Marketing specialist, digital media specialist, advertising specialist or manager, marketing executive.
120 credits required including: Marketing (39), Biblical Studies (30), Christian Ministry (12), General Education (30), Free/Emphasis Electives (9).
Each academic program of the college provides the context for whole life transformation through biblical life preparation. Students come to learn, learn to serve, and serve to change lives. Through the courses offered in each program, students will develop a Christ-centered worldview and be prepared to make a difference in the world through their lives, work and service to others.
The courses of study in each degree proceed from foundational to exploratory to immersion courses. Areas of study for each degree will include general education, biblical studies, Christian ministry and service, and core courses in the major.
Students will be challenged to grow in their knowledge of self, others, the world and the Bible. They will be challenged to grow in their critical thinking, development of a biblical worldview and the integration of their faith and learning.
Foundational courses – 43 credits
General Education – 12 Credits
- College Writing I (3 credits)
- College Writing II (3 credits)
- Business Writing (3 credits, UL)
- Intercultural Communications (3 credits)
biblical studies – 12 Credits
- Old Testament Survey (3 credits)
- New Testament Survey (3 credits)
- Interpretation of Biblical Literature (3 credits)
- Christian Faith (3 credits)
Christian ministry – 10 Credits
- Spiritual Formation I (3 credit)
- Spiritual Formation II (3 credits)
- Student Outreach (3 credits)
- Intercultural Student Outreach (1 credit)
Marketing – 9 Credits
- Foundations of Accounting (3 credit)
- Business Ethics (3 credits)
- Finance (3 credits)
exploration courses – 59 credits
General Education – 18 Credits
- Worldviews (3 credits)
- History Elective (3 credits)
- Math/Science Elective (3 credits)
- General Education Electives (9 credits)
Biblical Studies – 15 Credits
- Bible Electives (6 credits)
- Advanced Interpretation (3 credits, UL)
- Bible Electives (6 credits, UL)
Christian ministry – 2 Credits
- Student Outreach (1 credit, UL)
- Intercultural Student Outreach (1 credit, UL)
marketing – 24 Credits
- Leadership Elective (3 credits)
- Marketing (3 credits, UL)
- Business Law (3 credits, UL)
- Solution Selling (3 credits, UL)
- Principles and Practices (3 credits)
- Strategic Marketing (3 credits, UL)
- Digital Marketing (3 credits, UL)
- Consumer Behavior (3 credits, UL)
immersion courses – 9 credits
Biblical Studies – 3 Credits
- Senior Seminar (3 credits, UL)
marketing – 6 Credits
- Marketing Research (3 credits, UL)
- Marketing Practicum/Internship (3 credits, UL)
free and/or Emphasis electives – 9 Credits
Director of business program
Business Administration, Marketing, Accounting, Healthcare Administration
B.S. in Business Administration
Oak Hills Christian College, Bemidji, MN
Masters's in Business Administration
Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, UT