bachelor of leadership and ministry (online)
Overview of Leadership and Ministry
The Bachelor’s Degree in Leadership and Ministry gives you the opportunity to:
- Explore contemporary leadership and ministry issues from a biblical perspective.
- Search the mind and will of God for yourself and the world you reach.
- Take advanced biblical studies courses.
- Dialogue with others who both lead and serve in their worlds.
- Develop skills needed to lead and serve in a wide range of businesses, human services, church and para-church careers.
Who Should Apply
If you are a Christian adult with the desire to make a real impact for Christ in your home, church, community or business and you need the flexibility of an online program, this degree is for you!
Graduates will be prepared to serve as ministerial or professional staff in churches, human service organizations, nonprofits or business organizations. You may have an existing career, may be looking to expand your career and ministry options, or may be seeking to complete a college education you began previously. This program is for “finishers!”
120 credits required including: Leadership and Ministry (18), Biblical Studies (30), General Education (30), Free Electives (30).
Each academic program of the college provides the context for whole life transformation through biblical life preparation. Students come to learn, learn to serve, and serve to change lives. Through the courses offered in each program, students will develop a Christ-centered worldview and be prepared to make a difference in the world through their lives, work and service to others.
The courses of study in each degree proceed from foundational to exploratory to immersion courses. Areas of study for each degree will include general education, biblical studies, Christian ministry and service, and core courses in the major.
Students will be challenged to grow in their knowledge of self, others, the world and the Bible. They will be challenged to grow in their critical
thinking, development of a biblical worldview and the integration of their faith and learning.
Foundational courses – 42 credits
General Education – 21 Credits
- College Writing I (3 credits)
- College Writing II or Business Writing (3 credits)
- Communication Concepts (3 credits)
- General Education Electives (6 credits)
- Math/Science Elective (3 credits)
- Social Science Elective (3 credits)
biblical studies – 12 Credits
- Old Testament Survey (3 credits)
- New Testament Survey (3 credits)
- Interpretation of Biblical Literature (3 credits)
- Christian Faith (3 credits)
Christian ministry – 6 Credits
- Biblical Concepts of Leadership (3 credit)
- Sharing and Defending the Faith (3 credits)
Leadership and Ministry – 3 Credits
- Essentials of Management (3 credits)
exploration courses – 27 credits
General Education – 6 Credits
- Philosophy and Worldview (3 credits)
- History Elective (3 credits)
Biblical Studies – 6 Credits
- Old Testament Elective (3 credits, Upper Level)
- New Testament Elective (3 credits, Upper Level)
Christian ministry – 6 Credits
- Foundations of Teaching and Preaching (3 credits)
- Small Groups in Church (3 credits)
leadership and ministry – 9 Credits
- Management of Human Resources (3 credits)
- Personal and Social Ethics (3 credits)
- Working with Teams (3 credits)
immersion courses – 21 credits
General Education – 3 Credits
- Senior Seminar (3 credits)
Biblical Studies – 12 Credits
- Bible Electives (12 credits, 3 Upper Level)
leadership and ministry – 6 Credits
- Organizational Leadership (3 credits)
- Case Studies in Leadership (3 credits)
free and/or Emphasis electives – 30 Credits
Dr. sue glidden
sr. vp of academics and administration
Program Director: Intercultural Studies
Instructor: Biblical Studies, Leadership and Ministry, and Intercultural Studies
B.A. in Bible and Theology
Bethel College, St. Paul, MN
M.A. in Linguistics
University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND
Ph.D. in Education
Capella University, Minneapolis, MN