Oak Hills Christian College offers associate and bachelor degree programs that can be completed 100% online. We understand that not every student who has the desire to complete a degree has the time to go to a traditional campus every day. We feel that it is important to offer high quality and relevant Bible-based educational opportunities to those who desire the convenience, flexibility and affordability of online programs.
the convenience of earning your degree from home
If you are thinking about starting a degree program or would like to finish one that you started previously, earning that college degree is a realistic and attainable goal.
Oak Hills online courses make it possible for you to join fellow students and instructors in a dynamic learning environment without long commutes to class or fixed class schedules.
Working professionals, stay at-at-home parents, military members anywhere in the world, rural students without the need to drive long distances – you can complete your degree online with Oak Hills.
Oak Hills Christian College offers online courses year around. Our advisors work with you to schedule your courses. Each course is instructor-led with specific start and end dates.
Courses are accessible 24/7 to fit your schedule. You don’t need to be online at any particular time.
For each course, you will be able to see the full content of the course and the due dates for all your assignments. You work through the course, submit assignments and get instructor feedback. When each unit is complete you move on to the next. This format provides flexibility – the course fits your schedule.
OHCC online tuition rate for online degree seeking students is $440/credit with no added fees. Degree-seeking students are eligible to apply for federal and state grants (non-repayable) or loans as well as Oak Hills Scholarship and Grants.
If you would like more information about what an online degree from Oak Hills Christian College could do for you, please call today. We can answer questions regarding financial aid options, transfer of credit evaluations, credit for prior learning, time to completion scenarios, and much more.
If you feel that one of Oak Hills Christian College’s online degree programs is right for you … Call or Email Today!
Transfer of Credit for Online Programs
Oak Hills is transfer-friendly! Submit your unofficial transcripts and we will be glad to evaluate them for you!
General Policies for Online Programs:
1. Credits earned through CLEP (College Level Examination Program) and AP (Advanced Placement) will be evaluated by the Registrar on a course by course basis. CLEP courses will be used to waive the course requirement and the credit requirement.
2. Credits earned at other schools with a grade of “C” or better may be transferred to OHCC and applied toward graduation, provided those credits meet the program requirements. Pass/ no pass courses will transfer if the pass reflects a 70%.
3. The institution at which the credits were earned must be recognized by an accrediting agency approved by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or acknowledged by OHCC, however, OHCC reserves the right to disapprove credits from any institution at their sole discretion.
4. Students may be asked to validate equivalent subjects taken at non-accredited schools. After equivalency has been approved, the credits will be pending official approval until the student achieves a minimum GPA of 2.0. This must be done during the student’s first year at OHCC, or the transfer credits will be lost, except where an articulation agreement exists.
5. Online degree-seeking students who have completed courses in other recognized colleges or universities might receive up to 66 semester hours of credit, depending upon the major. The amount of credit, the courses to be accepted, and the method of evaluation will be determined by the nature of the courses and the type of institution. An applicant who has attended any college or university after graduation from high school must submit an official transcript from each institution. Although the Director of Distance Education will do preliminary transcript evaluations, all evaluations will become official when reviewed by the Registrar.
The faculty may substitute prior learning for academic credit. A&PS students may earn Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) by submitting a petition for evaluation by faculty in the respective disciplines. Students must demonstrate they have met the objectives of the course/s to be substituted. The policy and procedures to apply for CPL are available upon request to the Director of Distance Education or Registrar. There is no maximum limit on credit for prior learning for Adult & Professional Studies (APS) online students provided that students meet the residence requirement of the college. The Director of Distance Education will advise students in evaluating and applying for CPL.
Contact the Oak Hills Admissions Office today: [email protected]