veteran services

Welcome to Oak Hills Christian College. We would like to express our appreciation for your dedicated service and commitment, and the sacrifice you and your family have made for the security of our nation and the world. We thank you.

This information is presented to assist and provide you with support.  Download the VA Welcome Kit that can help guide you to the benefits and services you’ve earned.

Please see Oak Hills Registrar, Jenny Hodgson, for assistance in applying for benefits. As your campus Veterans School Certifying Official (SCO), she is responsible for certifying enrollment and reporting changes in enrollment of veteran students to the VA. The Registrar’s office is located in the Fellowship Center.

Tony Schnellbach is the Northwest Regional Veterans Assistance Coordinator and his offices are located on the campus of Bemidji State University. He can be contacted at (218) 208-7544 or Tony can help you determine eligibility for financial and medical benefits and provide information and referral services relating to state and federal veterans’ benefits to veterans, and their dependents and survivors.

You can also contact a Benefits Counselor at 1-888-GBILL-1 if you have any questions about your eligibility, don’t know what benefit to apply for, and/or want to know if you have remaining eligibility. More information can be found at


Step 1: Apply for admission to Oak Hills Christian college

The VA will mail you a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) stating that you have been awarded an educational benefit. The Registrar’s office requires a copy of this document before we can process your benefits.

If you have used benefits at another school, you will need to complete a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training form at and switch your benefits to OHCC. The Registrar will require a copy of this document before we can process your benefits.

Step 3: Register with VA eBenefits at or

Create an account where you can check your deposits from the VA, your history of certification status, and your months of benefit remaining.

Step 4: Enroll in classes

Once you have registered for classes, your School Certifying Official (SCO) will be able to certify your enrollment.

Step 5: Request Enrollment Certification from your School Certifying Official

When you have been admitted to OHCC, a Certificate of Eligibility is received, and you are registered for classes; a request for certification may be submitted to your SCO in the Registrar’s office. Your certifying official’s main responsibility is to report course enrollment information to the VA so benefit payments can be disbursed.

Your SCO can be reached at (218) 751-8670 x1164 or

  • New students: Please submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility or Statement of Benefits.
  • Returning students: Be sure to let the SCO know that you are returning and would like to resume using your VA education benefits.
  • Current students: If you are a currently enrolled veteran, you need to notify the SCO if you have a change of major, address or enrollment.

If the VA benefits you receive do not cover all of your educational costs, you may want to also apply for Financial Aid. The OHCC Financial Aid Director is Mishele McKain. Mishele can be reached at (218) 751-8670 x1284 or

Benefit Programs:

Students who are eligible to receive VA education benefits may fall into one of the following programs:

Government Contacts:

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
(888) 442-4551

MN Department of Veterans Affairs

(763) 433-1415


Other Helps:

GI Bill Comparison Tool –
Use to learn about education programs and to compare benefits by school.

Find VA Benefits –

Veterans Crisis Line 1-800-273-8255 or

Supporting Veterans –

Find a VA Facility Near You –

Alcohol Rehab –

VA PTSD Sleep Challenges –