Website Alexandria Covenant Church
Loving Jesus. Becoming Like Jesus. Sharing Jesus.
Director of Nursery and Preschool Ministry
The Director of Nursery and Preschool Ministry will bring ministry oversight to Covenant Kids infants, toddlers, and preschoolers at Alexandria Covenant Church.
1. To provide administrative and spiritual oversight to the programs that serve the Nursery and Preschool Ministry children at ACC.
2. To oversee the nursery ministry for infants through 3 years for Sunday worship, infant through 5 years for ACC ministries, and special events as requested.
3. Oversee all people who serve as paid nursery staff and volunteers in the nursery and preschool ministry areas.
4. Actively participate as a member of the Covenant Kid’s Children’s Ministry team.
Director of Nursery & Preschool Ministry
1. Be a Christ follower and demonstrate a congruent dedicated Christian life.
2. Possess the spiritual gifts, skills, and educational background to execute the roles and responsibilities of the Nursery & Preschool Director position.
3. Be committed to the vision, mission, values, and ministry vision of Covenant Kid’s, Alexandria Covenant Church, and the values of the Evangelical Covenant Church denomination.
4. Be a church member or actively pursuing membership at Alexandria Covenant Church.
1. Contribute as an active member of the Covenant Kids Children’s Ministry team. Collaborate with and report to the Pastor of Children and Family Ministry.
2. Maintain and promote the Covenant Kids mission, vision, and values in all aspects of children’s ministry.
3. Create and oversee an annual budget for the nursery and preschool ministry areas in cooperation with the Children’s Pastor.
4. Provide oversight of nursery and preschool children through age-appropriate music, prayer, story/curriculum, and activities to foster the spiritual development of children. Collaborate with the Children’s Pastor to choose and coordinate curriculum.
5. Recruit, train, Child Safety screen, and equip all nursery staff and volunteers within the nursery, preschool, and Kids Church ministry areas.
6. Provide ongoing leadership, scheduling, and oversight of paid nursery staff.
7. Provide oversight to and development of Kid’s Church for children ages 4-2nd grade, year around, during worship services offered outside of Sunday School.
8. Provide spiritual support, teaching, and administrative oversight to and development of Covenant Kids Nursery Ministry.
9. Provide spiritual support, teaching, and administrative oversight to and development of Covenant Kids Sunday programming for children ages 3 years old through kindergarten.
10. Provide spiritual support, teaching, and administrative oversight to and development of Wednesday evening Awana Cubbies Preschool Program for kids 3 1/2 years old (by Sept 1) through pre-kindergarten.
11. In cooperation with the Children’s Pastor, provide leadership to and development of an annual summer Vacation Bible School.
12. Maintain channels of communication to promote nursery and preschool ministry: social media, bulletin, staff meetings, email, twext, print media, etc.
13. Creatively equip parents to disciple their children at home through family ministry initiatives as determined with the Pastor of Children and Family Ministry e.g., age specific Milestone class events, social media, parenting resources, and baby basket gifts for newborns.
14. Enforce nursery check-in, safety guidelines, behavioral and wellness policies as outlined in the nursery policy and procedures manual. Maintain and update the Nursery Handbook. Provide and model all aspects of childcare: including diapering, feeding, emotional care, appropriate discipline, and hygiene needs.
15. Maintain a quality, developmentally appropriate, safe, nursery and preschool ministry environment.
16. Purchase and maintain needed supplies for the nursery and preschool ministry areas, and the Covenant Kid’s Resource Rooms.
17. Determined by the Covenant Kid’s Children’s Ministry Team, plan and oversee ministry programs and special events related to Covenant Kid’s ministry in collaboration with the Children and Family Pastor and volunteer teams. e.g., Christmas, Palm Sunday/Easter, Fall Festival, Family Conference, etc.
18. Participate in the planning and implementation of Covenant Kids ministry area volunteer training, equipping, evaluation, and appreciation events.
19. Oversee nursery and preschool areas of Church Community Builder (CCB) administration for children volunteers.
20. Participate in weekly ACC staff meetings and scheduled Children’s Ministry Team meetings and training events.
21. Attend ministry conferences/seminars that will benefit the Nursery & Preschool Ministry and provide personal spiritual/professional development. e.g., Children’s Pastor’s Conference and Awana Conference online, NWC Covenant Children’s Connections.
The Director of Nursery and Preschool Ministry will have the authority and responsibility to perform duties in accordance with the role description guidelines and under the direct supervision of the Children and Family Pastor.
The Director of Nursery and Preschool Ministry will be directly accountable to the Children and Family Pastor.
STANDARDS FOR PERFORMANCE:
1. The Director of Nursery and Preschool Ministry should conduct themselves at all times in such a manner as set forth in the Word of God for a servant of God.
2. The Director of Nursery and Preschool Ministry will accomplish their duties and responsibilities in a professional manner and should demonstrate, along with the fruit of the Spirit, the standards of excellence, integrity, loyalty, and Christian maturity.
The Director of Nursery and Preschool Ministry will be evaluated annually by the Pastor of Children and Family Ministry and the Lead Pastor based on ministry performance in accordance with their role description.
Resumes or any questions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org