Website Hope Mission Summer Camps
Building Lives Worth Living
The Camp Hope Secretary will support the Program Manager to ensure the day-to-day administration activities are developed and maintained in order that camp ministries and programs can continue to run as smoothly as possible. Key responsibilities will include overseeing camper registrations and all daily admin for Camp Hope (Calgary).
· Leadership: Lead through serving.
· Communication: Maintain clear communication within Hope Mission: Program Manager, the outreach team, purchaser, HR, Accounting, and with participants of the programs.
· Team Work: Active participation in staff meetings and functions. Serve, strengthen, and uplift other team members.
· Faithful, Available, and Teachable: Serve with faithfulness and excellence. Be consistent in work and willing to grow in character and skill. Be willing and ready to serve, strengthen, and uplift people in the name of Jesus Christ.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Administrative Support: Assist the Camp Hope Program Manager in administration (Petty Cash, Purchase Orders, Capital Expenditures, Invoices, Donations, etc.). Ensure the daily operations of the office are managed in accordance with Hope Mission policies and procedures.
· Reception: Answer the phones and manage the front desk with a warm and friendly presence while providing accurate information to inquiries. Coordinate internal and external resource referral information to the public. Be ready and willing to lend a listening ear and direct people to appropriate services.
· Logistics: Maintain an inventory of supplies and coordinate orders as needed.
· Timekeeping: Assist with compiling and submission of monthly timesheets to payroll.
· Information Management: Assist with sending paperwork to Human Resources.
· Database: Upkeep and maintain records for clients and staff members. Retrieve client or staff information when needed. Coordinate Camper Registrations.
· Support Camp Program: Support the ministry team as they run camp program to children and families as needed.
· Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Camp Hope Program Manager.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills:
· Ministry Experience: Relevant experience in ministry involving administration, children, youth, and outreach. Understanding of various challenges of those “at risk” and able to handle relevant reports.
· Administrative Experience: Training or experience in managing business and fiscal affairs. Experience with Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Media).
· Self-Starter, Team Player, Multi-tasking, Flexible: Able to manage competing priorities and multiple activities, events, and situations. Works well under pressure and requires minimal supervision.
· Education: Completion of high school, Business Administration or Ministry Degree an asset.
· Being a Christian Organization we require our employees to be in agreement and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith. (http://hopemission.com/about-us/values/)
· A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
· Flexibility to work irregular and extended hours as required
· Able to provide Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and a Child Intervention Record Check.
· Experience with climbing walls, zip lines, and rope courses not required but an asset.
· Adherence Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures.