Website Hope Mission Summer Camps
Building Lives Worth Living
Program Lead: Coordinate, supervise, plan and execute all areas of the Main Site camp program (games, activities, chapels, etc.); mentor and support counsellors; provide support with camper behaviours; lead staff Bible studies.
Male/Female Unit Leader: Support counsellors; ensure counsellors are following policies/procedures and working towards camp goals. Assist with camper support; oversee activity areas; lead small groups.
· Passion for supporting vulnerable children, youth, and families.
· Leadership: confidence giving instruction to large group of children, youth and peers
· Team Work & Collaboration: Works well with others in a team environment
Problem Solving: Creative and quick thinking is stress full situations, able to assist in crisis situations using de-escalation skills
Positive Outlook: Ability to engage in regular physical activity (running, rock climbing, etc.) and make camp activities fun and exciting
Flexibility: Ready and willing to adapt and serve as needed given the ever changing demands of summer camp ministry
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
· Experience working with underprivileged youth, children and families in any setting
· Degree in Youth work, Ministry or Outdoor Recreation an asset
· Camp Ministry/Outdoor Recreation and Leadership Experience an asset
· Class 5 Driver’s License is an asset
Being a Christian Organization, we require our employees to agree and sign the Hope Mission Statement of Faith. Adherence Hope Mission’s Policies and Procedures.
Able to provide Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search
A letter of reference from a ministry or church is an asset
To apply for this job please visit hopemission.wufoo.com.