your experience. your learning. your degree

Transfer of credit

General policies for the transfer of credit are as follows:

1. Credits earned through CLEP (College Level Examination Program), DSST (DANTES subject standardized tests), CIC (College in the Classroom), and AP (Advanced Placement) will be evaluated by the Registrar on a course by course basis. CLEP courses will be used to waive the course requirement and the credit requirement.

2. Credits earned at other schools with a grade of “C” or better may be transferred to OHCC and applied toward graduation, provided those credits meet the program requirements. Pass/no pass courses will transfer if the pass reflects a 70%.

3. The institution needs to be recognized by an accrediting agency or acknowledged by OHCC.

4. Students may be asked to validate equivalent subjects taken at non-accredited schools. After equivalency has been approved, the credits will be pending official approval until the student achieves a minimum GPA of 2.0. This must be done during the student’s first year at OHCC, or the transfer credits will be lost, except where an articulation agreement exists.

5. Up to half of the credits in a major may be accepted as transfer credits from non-accredited schools.

credit for prior learning

The faculty may substitute previous learning for academic credit. Students must demonstrate they have met the objectives of the course/s to be substituted. Additional policies are available in the Registrar’s Office. The maximum credits for prior learning is 12.

Credit for military training & U.S. Armed Forces Institutes (USAFI)

Courses for which credits earned while in the military must be listed on official military documents (i.e., DD214, DD295, and Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript). Other official military documents may be used as the basis for evaluation at the discretion of the Registrar, given that they contain the elements necessary for evaluation. Those courses that are eligible for evaluation will be awarded college transfer credits consistent with the Registrar and directives issued by Academic Departments.